What to expect and what not to expect with this Ketchikan shore excursion
Begin your Wilderness Exploration and Crab Feast with a beautiful drive out to the historic George Inlet Lodge on the Southern tip of Revillagigedo Island. This will be the site of both your crab feast, and one of the most in depth boat tours Ketchikan offers! Aboard your heated vessel, you will explore the shorelines of the Tongass National Forest, with frequent stops along the way to view wildlife. This could include anything from eagles, to marine life! And you’ll even have the opportunity to volunteer to help pull up the crab pots full of delicious Dungeness crab, like a real Alaskan fisherman! There are no tours Ketchikan offers that have a more hands-on crab experience than the Wilderness Exploration and Crab Feast.
- Pick-up in short walking distance from your dock
- 4 hours in duration
- Boat Tour of Inside Passage waters
- All-you-can-eat dungeness crab feast
- Explore the Inside Passage Waters by George Inlet Lodge
Once back at George Inlet Lodge, the Wilderness Exploration and Crab Feast offers you the opportunity to enjoy the would-be fruits of you labor! All-you-can-eat Dungeness crab, fresh salad, roasted potatoes, blueberry cheesecake, and a complimentary beverage await. (And don’t worry, we have options for you vegetarians too). The friendly staff at the lodge will walk you through all you need to know about your crab legs, with demonstrations and entertainment throughout. And don’t forget to take a little time to wander the boardwalk and gift shop at the end to take in the spectacular views, you are on one of the most scenic tours Ketchikan has after all!
Looking for more boat excursions along the Inside Passage? These may be it:
Minimum Ages, Cancellations, Accessibility, Etc.
KETCHIKAN TOURS DETAILS:
- Minimum Age: This excursion is suitable for all ages.
- Accessibility: This tour is rated 'Easy' in regards to activity level. Please contact us in advance if you require assistance and we will do our best to accommodate!
- Cancellation Policy: In the event your cruise ship is late, delayed, or doesn't make it into port we always issue a full refund for the tour. Changes or cancellations are allowed up to 14 days prior to the tour departure with absolutely no penalty. Including 'Flex Cancel' allows cancellations and refunds up to 24-hours before the tour. Any cancellations made within 14 days of the tour departure (or within 24-hours with Flex Cancel) are nonrefundable.
- What to Wear: Alaskan weather can be variable so it's recommended to plan accordingly. Dress warmly and in layers, so that you can take off an extra layer when the sun is out or throw on an extra layer if it's a bit chilly.
For availability and timing, complete the information on the sidebar
- Adult Rate: $169.00
- Child Rate: $119.00 (ages 12 and under) + 6.5% sales tax
You've got questions, we've got answers
Ketchikan Shore Tours
Q:How long is this excursion, and is transportation included?
The total duration of this activity is about 4 hours from start to finish. The meeting location will be just next to the Ketchikan Visitor's Bureau, which is conveniently situated very close to the cruise docks. Of course, you'll receive detailed meeting instructions and planning information in a confirmation email upon booking.
Q:What should I wear and how should I prepare for this tour?
No special equipment is necessary for you to bring. Dress warmly and in layers as the temperature can fluctuate throughout the day. Life jackets will provided for the ocean portion of the trip, and we recommend bringing gloves and an extra pair of socks for your comfort.
Q:What if it rains? Do the trips get canceled?
Ketchikan is in the heart of a temperate rainforest, and we would never do anything if we stopped for the rain. Please do not let the possibility of rain deter you from booking. Southeast Alaska is at its most beautiful on misty rainy days.
Q:What if our ship is delayed or doesn't make it into port? Refund?
It's very rare that a ship is delayed into port, but in those cases, we will try our best to work with you to reschedule the tour to a later time. If that is not a possibility or your ship doesn't make it into port, we will of course refund the full cost of the tour.
Q:What if I have food allergies or dietary restrictions?
Please let us know in advance so we can have a special meal prepared for you. Grilled Chicken & Vegetarian options are available in lieu of the Dungeness Crab.
You are here: