What to expect and what not to expect with this Ketchikan shore excursion
Starting with a pick-up right near the cruise docks, a drive over to Knudson Cove puts you at the cast off point of this Ketchikan shore excursion. The motorized Seahawk is a rigid-hull inflatable vessel that is perfect for exploring the rugged Ketchikan coastline. Stay alert for harbor seals, sea lions, bald eagles and even whales as you venture further from town and deeper into the backcountry, while your captain-guide shares insights about the coastal environment. A 20-minute cruise culminates at Betton Island, an area with strictly controlled access that is truly a wilderness area.
- Explore Ketchikan's coastline by boat
- 4 hours duration
- Great wildlife opportunities
- Family-friendly: Great for all ages
- Includes nature walk followed by smoked salmon snack
Now that you've been acquainted with the coastline by boat, it's time to explore deeper by joining a naturalist guide on a 1-mile hike through old growth forest. This gentle hike is on a well-maintained path, and your guides are a wealth of information, taking time to point out Sitka spruce, western hemlock and other behemoth trees that populate this lush rainforest. After the hike, take a break and enjoy some Alaska style snacks: smoked salmon, cheese & crackers, and beverages top off this wonderful Ketchikan tour. Round trip transportation returns you back to the cruise docks after having experienced the Ketchikan wilderness first-hand.
Minimum Ages, Cancellations, Accessibility, Etc.
KETCHIKAN TOURS DETAILS:
- Minimum Age: There is no minimum age to join this tour as long as participants meet the minimum weight of 40 lbs.
- Accessibility: Moderate to good physical condition is necessary for participation in this excursion. Guests need to be able to climb a short ladder in/out of the Seahawk vessel with limited assistance. The trail has a gradual slope and is well maintained.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event your cruise ship is late, delayed, or doesn't make it into port we always issue a full refund for the tour. Changes or cancellations are allowed up to 14 days prior to the tour departure with absolutely no penalty. Including 'Flex Cancel' allows cancellations and refunds up to 24-hours before the tour. Any cancellations made within 14 days of the tour departure (or within 24-hours with Flex Cancel) are nonrefundable.
- What to Wear: Alaskan weather can be variable so it's recommended to plan accordingly. Dress warmly and in layers, so that you can take off an extra layer when the sun is out or throw on an extra layer if it's a bit chilly. We recommend bringing gloves and an extra pair of socks with you. A full list of what to wear and bring will be sent to you in your confirmation email.
For availability and timing, complete the information on the sidebar
- Adult Rate: $135.00
- Child Rate: $99.00 (ages 12 and under) + 6.5% sales tax
You've got questions, we've got answers
Ketchikan Shore Tours
Q:How long is this excursion, and is transportation included?
The total duration of this activity is about 4 hours from start to finish. The meeting location will be just next to the Ketchikan Visitor's Bureau, which is conveniently situated very close to the cruise docks. Of course, you'll receive detailed meeting instructions and planning information in a confirmation email upon booking.
Q:Do we get to drive the boats?
The Seakhawk vessel is operated by the captain so you can sit back and enjoy the views.
Q:What should I wear and how should I prepare for this tour?
No special equipment is necessary for you to bring. Dress warmly and in layers as the temperature can fluctuate throughout the day. Sturdy walking shoes are recommended for the Nature Trail and for your comfort. Life jackets will provided for the ocean portion of the trip, and we recommend bringing gloves and an extra pair of socks for your comfort.
Q:What if it rains? Do the trips get canceled?
Ketchikan is in the heart of a temperate rainforest, and we would never do anything if we stopped for the rain. Please do not let the possibility of rain deter you from booking. Southeast Alaska is at its most beautiful on misty rainy days.
Q:What if our ship is delayed or doesn't make it into port? Refund?
It's very rare that a ship is delayed into port, but in those cases, we will try our best to work with you to reschedule the tour to a later time. If that is not a possibility or your ship doesn't make it into port, we will of course refund the full cost of the tour.
You are here: