What to expect and what not to expect with this Ketchikan shore excursion
Start the day with a convenient pick-up near the cruise docks, and journey towards nearby Lake Connell Dam, an area surrounded by towering Sitka spruce and embedded in the lush temperate rainforest. Your guide leads the way as you follow in an electric (yes, electric) off-road buggy. Don't worry about exhaust fumes or loud engines, as these clean & green machines are the perfect vehicles to maneuver through the forest.
- Explore the depths of the rainforest near Lake Connell
- Electric buggies are quiet and clean
- All-you-can-eat pancakes, fruit, & roasted marshmallows
- 3 hours duration from dock-to-dock
The guide will lead the pack and make several stopping points along the way to talk about the ecology and history of this area, which is rich in both. Make your way to the backcountry campsite and take a break, enjoying a fireside beverage. Enjoy delightful snacks including roasted marshmallows and hot chocolate. This tour is suitable for all ages and great for those who want to experience the backcountry without a physically demanding activity. Three hours from dock to dock leaves time in the day for exploring downtown Ketchikan on your own for a comprehensive day in port.
Traveling with the kiddos? Not sure what to do in other ports? Why not take a look at our family-friendly Whale Watching Tour in Juneau & the Sled Dog Adventure & Musher's Camp in Skagway!
Minimum Ages, Cancellations, Accessibility, Etc.
KETCHIKAN TOUR DETAILS:
- Restrictions: Not recommended for anyone with neck and/or back injuries or expectant mothers. Groups of 2 will be paired with other groups of 2, and groups of 4 will get their own vehicle.
- Accessibility: This tour is not suitable for wheelchairs. This tour is not recommended for those with poor physical condition or those who are unwilling to get wet or cold.
- Cancellation Policy:
In the event your cruise ship is late, delayed, or doesn't make it into port we will issue a refund. Changes or cancellations are allowed up to 14 days prior to the tour departure. Any cancellations made within 14 days of the tour departure are non-refundable.
- What to Wear: Remember that Ketchikan lies inside of a temperate rainforest, so you can expect rain showers on most days. Dress in layers with rain gear while enjoying the roofed protection and windshield that the buggies provide.