What to expect and what not to expect with this Ketchikan shore excursion
Start the day with a convenient pick-up near the cruise docks, and journey towards nearby Lake Connell Dam, an area surrounded by towering Sitka spruce and embedded in the lush temperate rainforest. Your guide leads the way as you follow in an electric (yes, electric) off-road buggy. Don't worry about exhaust fumes or loud engines, as these clean & green machines are the perfect vehicles to maneuver through the forest.
- Explore the depths of the rainforest near Lake Connell
- Electric buggies are quiet and clean
- Brand new for 2016
- 3 hours duration from dock-to-dock
- Limited seats, need to book early
The guide will lead the pack and make several stopping points along the way to talk about the ecology and history of this area, which is rich in both. Make your way to the backcountry campsite and take a break, enjoying a fireside beverage. Snacks including roasted marshmallows and hot chocolate are available while the town seems light years away. This tour is suitable for all ages and great for those who want to experience the backcountry without a physically demanding activity. Three hours from dock to dock leaves time in the day for exploring downtown Ketchikan on your own for a comprehensive day in port.
Minimum Ages, Cancellations, Accessibility, Etc.
KETCHIKAN TOUR DETAILS:
- Restrictions: Not recommended for anyone with neck and/or back injuries or expectant mothers. Groups of 2 will be paired with other groups of 2, and groups of 4 will get their own vehicle.
- Accessibility: This tour is not suitable for for wheelchairs. This tour is not recommended for those with poor physical condition or those who are intolerant or unwilling to get wet or cold.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event your cruise ship is late, delayed, or doesn't make it into port we always issue a full refund for the tour. Changes or cancellations are allowed up to 14 days prior to the tour departure with absolutely no penalty. Including 'Flex Cancel' allows cancellations and refunds up to 24-hours before the tour. Any cancellations made within 14 days of the tour departure (or within 24-hours with Flex Cancel) are nonrefundable.
- What to Wear: Remember that Ketchikan lies inside of a temperate rainforest, so you can expect rain showers on most days. Dress in layers with rain gear while enjoying the roofed protection and windshield that the buggies provide.
For availability and timing, complete the information on the sidebar
- Adult Rate: $189.00
- Child Rate: $125.00 (ages 2-12) + 6.5% sales tax
You've got questions, we've got answers
Ketchikan Shore Tours
Q:Will we make it back to the ship in time? What if we don't?
We've never left anyone behind and only schedule tours that work well with your cruise ship's itinerary. We leave plenty of cushion so you can confidently book your trips independently.
Q:What if our ship is delayed or doesn't make it into port? Refund?
It's very rare that a ship is delayed into port, but in those cases, we will try our best to work with you to reschedule the tour to a later time. If that is not a possibility or your ship doesn't make it into port, we will of course refund the full cost of the tour.
Q:What should we wear and bring?
This tour operates rain or shine, and rain is common as we lie in a temperate rainforest! The buggies are enclosed with a windshield and roof which provides some protection from the rain, but we certainly recommend rain jackets, sturdy shoes or boots, and layers so that you are dressed appropriately
Q:Do we need previous experience to drive the buggies?
Nope! If you can drive a car, you can drive the buggies. They are fully automatic and require simple steering.
Q:When should I book this tour?
Because of its limited availability, this tour fills up quickly! We recommended booking early to ensure your spaces, as you can always cancel up until one week away for a full refund.
You are here: