What to expect and what not to expect with this Ketchikan shore excursion
Round-trip transportation is provided, and you'll start the journey with a pick-up right near the cruise docks in downtown Ketchikan. Venture out towards Herring Cove, and arrive at the Eagle Creek ziplining base camp surrounded by the Tongass National Forest. Towering Sitka spruce and cedar dominate this area, and you won't be looking up at them for too long because pretty soon you'll be ziplining in between these monstrous treetops! After a quick orientation, gear fitting and safety briefing, put your faith in your trusty guides and begin the first of 8 ziplines ranging from 100 ft up to 850 ft in length!
- 8 zip stations and 3 Skybridges
- Wildlife opportunities are frequent on this tour!
- Off-road Unimog transport up the mountain
- All gear, equipment, and transportation provided for you
Did we mention this ziplining course also backs up to a wildlife sanctuary? Eagles and sometimes even bears are spotted below while you soar through the canopy above. Skybridges connect 3 of the zip platforms and provide great photo opportunities of friends and family. The highest point, 135 ft above the forest floor, provides incredible views of the landscape, and you'll finish the last zip station over the grassy wetlands before arriving back at base camp for snacks and beverages. If you're looking to get into the Alaskan outdoors with a tinge of adventure built into the mix, we highly recommend this excursion for you!
More Adventures await! Continue your Inside Passage excitement with the Mendenahll Glacier Trek in Juneau & the Inside Passage Kayak in Skagway!
If you're looking for a tamer, entry-level ziplining excursion, then you may want to explore:
Minimum Ages, Cancellations, Accessibility, Etc.
KETCHIKAN TOUR DETAILS:
- Restrictions: Guests must weigh between 90 - 250 lbs. and have a minimum height of 60 inches (5 feet). This tour is for those who have previous ziplining experience or those looking for a new adventure.
- Accessibility: You should be comfortable with heights, a short easy walk on a maintained trail and ascending/descending some stairs. This tour is not suitable for people who are pregnant or have certain medical conditions such as neck or back injuries.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event your cruise ship is late, delayed, or doesn't make it into port we always issue a full refund for the tour. Changes or cancellations are allowed up to 14 days prior to the tour departure with absolutely no penalty. Including 'Flex Cancel' allows cancellations and refunds up to 24-hours before the tour. Any cancellations made within 14 days of the tour departure (or within 24-hours with Flex Cancel) are nonrefundable.
- What to Wear: Please be sure to wear long pants, layers and closed-toe shoes. It can be cold, warm, sunny or rainy on the day of your tour, so wearing layers will allow you to adjust as needed. Rain jackets are provided for you if necessary. Sorry, but no video or GoPro cameras are allowed on the course.