What to expect and what not to expect with this Ketchikan shore excursion
Pick up is right at your cruise docks, so no need to worry about where to find your Ketchikan helicopter tours. From there, a short drive will give you the opportunity to see the sights of the Ketchikan streets, before heading to the take-off location for your Mountain Lake Helicopter Excursion safety briefing. At this point, you will have the opportunity to take pictures with your helicopter and pilot, and ask questions about the are you are flying to. Once in the air, beautiful views start immediately as you soar over the canopy of the Tongass National Forest.
- Pick-up in short walking distance from your dock
- 1 hour duration
- Potential for wildlife
- Amazing photo opportunites
- Small-group setting with only 7 guests per tour
After just a short time in the air, you will reach your destination: five pristine mountain lakes. These secluded lakes that give the Mountain Lake Helicopter Tour its name are only accessible by hiking or helicopter, so you will have a view of true Alaskan wilderness. And what’s more Alaskan than wildlife? This tour offers a great opportunity to see black bears and mountain goats that call the area home. With a total of 30 minutes in the air, this tour offers ample time to take in the sights of Revillagigedo and the surrounding islands, without taking up your whole port time. So grab your camera and hop on some Ketchikan helicopter tours!
If you're looking for a more time in the air and to check out another Alaskan port town, you may want to check out:
Minimum Ages, Cancellations, Accessibility, Etc.
KETCHIKAN TOURS DETAILS:
- Minimum Age: This excursion is suitable for all ages.
- Accessibility: This tour is rated 'Easy' in regards to activity level. There are a few steps to get in and out of the helicopter so a certain level of mobility is required. Please contact us in advance if you require assistance and we will do our best to accommodate!
- Cancellation Policy: In the event your cruise ship is late, delayed, or doesn't make it into port we always issue a full refund for the tour. Changes or cancellations are allowed up to 14 days prior to the tour departure with absolutely no penalty. Including 'Flex Cancel' allows cancellations and refunds up to 24-hours before the tour. Any cancellations made within 14 days of the tour departure (or within 24-hours with Flex Cancel) are nonrefundable.
- What to Wear: Alaskan weather can be variable so it's recommended to plan accordingly. Dress warmly and in layers, so that you can take off an extra layer when the sun is out or throw on an extra layer if it's a bit chilly.
For availability and timing, complete the information on the sidebar
- Passenger Rate: $249.00
- Infant Rate: Free (up to 2 years) + 6.5% sales tax
You've got questions, we've got answers
Ketchikan Shore Tours
Q:Will we make it back to the ship in time? What if we don't?
We've never left anyone behind and only schedule tours that work well with your cruise ship's itinerary. We leave plenty of cushion so you can confidently book your trips independently.
Q:Do the flights ever get canceled due to weather?
Yes, safety is a number one priority so weather conditions are taken into account each day. In certain cases, the weather can lift and a slight delay will still allow the flight to continue. However, if a flight is canceled completely due to weather circumstances, you will always receive a full refund.
Q:What if our ship is delayed or doesn't make it into port? Refund?
It's very rare that a ship is delayed into port, but in those cases, we will try our best to work with you to reschedule the tour to a later time. If that is not a possibility or your ship doesn't make it into port, we will of course refund the full cost of the tour.
Q:What should we wear and bring?
For comfort, we typically recommend long pants, closed-toed shoes and a jacket, as the air temperature will be a few degrees cooler than the ground temperature.
Q:Can you see wildlife from the helicopter?
If you have sharp eyes, it's certainly possible to see wildlife on the mountains below. The helicopter flies low enough to distinguish individual animals, but of course the pilots have to respect local wildlife so it's not an objective of this tour.
Q:How big are the helicopters?
There are a few types of helicopters used for the tour, and you'll typically be in a group of 7 guests on the flight.
You are here: