What to expect and what not to expect with this Ketchikan shore excursion
Your Ketchikan Ebike & Hike tour begins with transport from downtown near the cruise ship docks to the north side of town near Clover Pass. Your local and professional guides go over safety and show you the ropes before you gear up and practice on the ebikes. Then, it's time to head out on the "Road to Nowhere", which takes you to the end of the island's paved road. Here, you'll set out on the maintained trail through the rainforest for a stunning hike alongside a stream and waterfall. For guests traveling here in late August-September, enjoy a fascinating sight of salmon jumping in the stream during the annual salmon run.
- Small group experience with a max of 10 guests
- 4-hour duration
- Wildlife opportunities
- Off the beaten path & away from the crowds
- Snacks and beverages provided
- No ebike experience required
- All necessary gear provided
Your friendly guides will teach you all about the native flora and fauna as they lead you to the nearby beach for more gorgeous views and potential wildlife viewing. Commonly seen in this area are bald eagles, sea lions, humpback whales, and sometimes even black bears! After riding back to the gear center at the marina, enjoy delicious snacks and hot beverages and for those of age, Alaskan beers are available for purchase on-site. For those looking for fun and scenic tours in Ketchikan, the Ebike & Hike is a top choice!
For more fun bike adventures in Southeast Alaska, check out Skagway's White Pass Train & Bike tour and Triple Adventure!
Minimum Ages, Cancellations, Accessibility, Etc.
KETCHIKAN TOUR DETAILS:
- Minimum Age: The minimum age for this tour is 16-years-old.
- Accessibility: No previous experience is necessary, though you will be asked to sign a waiver stating that you have ridden a bicycle within the past 2 years. If this is not the case we ask that you please take a ride or two before vacation. Our bikes have step-through frames that make it easy to get on and off. This tour has a minimum height requirement of 5-feet and a max weight limit of 250 lbs. The activity level is rated as "moderate" and guests must be able to climb a few staircases in addition to biking and hiking.
- Cancellation Policy:
In the event your cruise ship is late, delayed, or doesn't make it into port we will issue a refund. Changes or cancellations are allowed up to 14 days prior to the tour departure. Any cancellations made within 14 days of the tour departure are non-refundable.
- What to Wear: Helmets, gloves, rain pants and rain jackets are provided. We recommend that you wear clothing that would be appropriate for an outdoor hike through the forest with the weather on your given day. Please wear 1 or 2 layers under your coat (on chilly days). Fleece, wool and technical fabrics are ideal, but jeans and a sweatshirt will work just fine.