What to expect and what not to expect with this Ketchikan shore excursion
The Herring Cove Helicopter excursion begins, as most helicopter rides in Ketchikan do, with pickup right from your cruise dock for maximum convenience. A short drive through the scenic streets of Ketchikan will take you to your take-off location, where your pilot will be waiting to give you a brief 10-minutes safety talk and time for photo ops with the helicopter. From take-off, you will head south along the Revillagigedo channel, with stunning views of the lush rainforest on one side, and the beautiful Inside Passage waters on the other.
- Pick-up in short walking distance from your dock
- 45 minutes duration
- Potential for wildlife
- Amazing photo opportunites
- Small-group setting with only 7 guests per tour
When you eventually reach Herring cove at the southern tip of the island, keep an eye out for wildlife! With a salmon hatchery located just inside the cove, this little spot is a favorite for hungry brown bears looking for a fishy treat, and you are one of the few helicopter rides in Ketchikan that actually stops by to look for these elusive mammals. On your return flight to Ketchikan, keep look for wildlife, as the Herring Cove Helicopter excursion is often a great opportunity to spot marine wildlife as it swims through the narrow Revillagigedo Channel. With an affordable price tag and stunning views, the Herring Cove Helicopter excursion easily ranks among the best value for helicopter rides in Ketchikan!
If you're looking for a bit more time in the air, you may try this one:
Minimum Ages, Cancellations, Accessibility, Etc.
KETCHIKAN TOURS DETAILS:
- Minimum Age: This excursion is suitable for all ages.
- Accessibility: This tour is rated 'Easy' in regards to activity level. There are a few steps to get in and out of the helicopter so a certain level of mobility is required. Please contact us in advance if you require assistance and we will do our best to accommodate!
- Cancellation Policy: In the event your cruise ship is late, delayed, or doesn't make it into port we always issue a full refund for the tour. Changes or cancellations are allowed up to 14 days prior to the tour departure with absolutely no penalty. Including 'Flex Cancel' allows cancellations and refunds up to 24-hours before the tour. Any cancellations made within 14 days of the tour departure (or within 24-hours with Flex Cancel) are nonrefundable.
- What to Wear: Alaskan weather can be variable so it's recommended to plan accordingly. Dress warmly and in layers, so that you can take off an extra layer when the sun is out or throw on an extra layer if it's a bit chilly.
For availability and timing, complete the information on the sidebar
- Passenger Rate: $149.00
- Infant Rate: Free (up to 2 years) + 6.5% sales tax
You've got questions, we've got answers
Ketchikan Shore Tours
Q:Will we make it back to the ship in time? What if we don't?
We've never left anyone behind and only schedule tours that work well with your cruise ship's itinerary. We leave plenty of cushion so you can confidently book your trips independently.
Q:Do the flights ever get canceled due to weather?
Yes, safety is a number one priority so weather conditions are taken into account each day. In certain cases, the weather can lift and a slight delay will still allow the flight to continue. However, if a flight is canceled completely due to weather circumstances, you will always receive a full refund.
Q:What if our ship is delayed or doesn't make it into port? Refund?
It's very rare that a ship is delayed into port, but in those cases, we will try our best to work with you to reschedule the tour to a later time. If that is not a possibility or your ship doesn't make it into port, we will of course refund the full cost of the tour.
Q:What should we wear and bring?
For comfort, we typically recommend long pants, closed-toed shoes and a jacket, as the air temperature will be a few degrees cooler than the ground temperature.
Q:Can you see wildlife from the helicopter?
If you have sharp eyes, it's certainly possible to see wildlife on the mountains below. The helicopter flies low enough to distinguish individual animals, but of course the pilots have to respect local wildlife so it's not an objective of this tour.
Q:How big are the helicopters?
There are a few types of helicopters used for the tour, and you'll typically be in a group of 7 guests on the flight. Everyone gets a window seat on these flights.
You are here: