What to expect and what not to expect with this Ketchikan shore excursion
Your Explore Metlakatla Helicopter Excursion begins right from the cruise docks where your guides will pick you up for the drive through beautiful Ketchikan to the helicopter take-off location. Here you will receive a 10 minute safety briefing so you can be sure when jumping in your Ketchikan Helicopters that you are ready to go. Right from take-off you will be greeted with stunning views of the Island of Revillagigedo, before flying south along the beautiful Inside Passage to the Annette Island Nature Reserve.
- Pick-up in short walking distance from your dock
- 1 ¼ hours duration
- Potential for wildlife
- Amazing photo opportunites
- Small-group setting with only 7 guests per tour
The Annette Island Reserve is an ideal location for wildlife viewing, as it takes special permitting to reach this secluded spot, so keep your eyes trained out the windows! As you leave the reserve, the Explore Metlakatla Helicopter Excursion offers the option of traveling to the remote port town of Metlakatla for an afternoon perusing the shops and exploring the gorgeous totem poles. (please contact our agents if this interests you!). From here, your journey back up the waters of the Inside Passage will be just as beautiful, and a great opportunity to see the marine wildlife that makes Southeast Alaska so unique and special. This tour includes drop off right back at your cruise docks so you can be sure to have a worry-free and exciting day in Ketchikan helicopters!
Please chat with one of our agents if you are interested in booking time in Metlakatla!
If you're looking to venture a bit farther in your flight time, take a look at these options:
Minimum Ages, Cancellations, Accessibility, Etc.
KETCHIKAN TOURS DETAILS:
- Minimum Age: This excursion is suitable for all ages.
- Accessibility: This tour is rated 'Easy' in regards to activity level. There are a few steps to get in and out of the helicopter so a certain level of mobility is required. Please contact us in advance if you require assistance and we will do our best to accommodate!
- Cancellation Policy: In the event your cruise ship is late, delayed, or doesn't make it into port we always issue a full refund for the tour. Changes or cancellations are allowed up to 14 days prior to the tour departure with absolutely no penalty. Including 'Flex Cancel' allows cancellations and refunds up to 24-hours before the tour. Any cancellations made within 14 days of the tour departure (or within 24-hours with Flex Cancel) are nonrefundable.
- What to Wear: Alaskan weather can be variable so it's recommended to plan accordingly. Dress warmly and in layers, so that you can take off an extra layer when the sun is out or throw on an extra layer if it's a bit chilly.
For availability and timing, complete the information on the sidebar
- Passenger Rate: $349.00
- Infant Rate: Free (under 24 months) + 6.5% sales tax
You've got questions, we've got answers
Ketchikan Shore Tours
Q:Will we make it back to the ship in time? What if we don't?
We've never left anyone behind and only schedule tours that work well with your cruise ship's itinerary. We leave plenty of cushion so you can confidently book your trips independently.
Q:Do the flights ever get canceled due to weather?
Yes, safety is a number one priority so weather conditions are taken into account each day. In certain cases, the weather can lift and a slight delay will still allow the flight to continue. However, if a flight is canceled completely due to weather circumstances, you will always receive a full refund.
Q:What if our ship is delayed or doesn't make it into port? Refund?
It's very rare that a ship is delayed into port, but in those cases, we will try our best to work with you to reschedule the tour to a later time. If that is not a possibility or your ship doesn't make it into port, we will of course refund the full cost of the tour.
Q:What should we wear and bring?
For comfort, we typically recommend long pants, closed-toed shoes and a jacket, as the air temperature will be a few degrees cooler than the ground temperature.
Q:Can you see wildlife from the helicopter?
If you have sharp eyes, it's certainly possible to see wildlife on the mountains below. The helicopter flies low enough to distinguish individual animals, but of course the pilots have to respect local wildlife so it's not an objective of this tour.
Q:How big are the helicopters?
There are a few types of helicopters used for the tour, and you'll typically be in a group of 7 guests on the flight. Everyone gets a window seat on these flights.
You are here: