What to expect and what not to expect with this Ketchikan shore excursion
Round-trip transportation is provided, and you'll start the journey with a pick-up right near the cruise docks in downtown Ketchikan. Venture out towards Herring Cove and arrive at the ziplining base camp surrounded by the Tongass National Forest. Part of the fun will be loading up in the customized off-road Unimog vehicle, a monstrous utility vehicle utilized for navigating up the steep mountain terrain to a higher elevation where the zipline platforms are. You'll get geared up and ready to go, and by the time you arrive to the first ziplining station, there's not much left to do but take your first of 8 leaps of faith as the platform below gives way to a dense Alaskan rainforest.
- 8 zip stations
- A family-friendly ziplining excursion
- Off-road Unimog transport up the mountain
- All gear, equipment and transportation provided for you
- Wildlife sightings are common on this tour!
If you're looking for a more adventurous ziplining excursion, then you may want to explore:
The end of each zipline marks the beginning of the next: all in all there will be 8 lines of different lengths and heights, each with surrounding views from high above while friends and family conquer their fears. Sitka spruce, western hemock and native cedars populate the forest and lend their fresh fragrances to the crisp Alaskan air up high. A suspended Skybridge connects 2 of the platforms: traverse together while a waterfall cascades below. Get ready for a special challenge at the end, as you'll rappel down from the last ziplining station back to Earth. Carry your smile all the way back to the cruise docks as the return transportation is provided for you.
Minimum Ages, Cancellations, Accessibility, Etc.
KETCHIKAN TOUR DETAILS:
- Restrictions: Guests must weigh between 70 - 250 lbs. and have a minimum height of 50 inches. This tour is for those who have previous ziplining experience or those looking for new adventure.
- Accessibility: You should be comfortable with heights, a short easy walk on a maintained trail and ascending/descending some stairs. This tour is not suitable for people who are pregnant or have certain medical conditions such as neck or back injuries.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event your cruise ship is late, delayed, or doesn't make it into port we always issue a full refund for the tour. Changes or cancellations are allowed up to 14 days prior to the tour departure with absolutely no penalty. Including 'Flex Cancel' allows cancellations and refunds up to 24-hours before the tour. Any cancellations made within 14 days of the tour departure (or within 24-hours with Flex Cancel) are nonrefundable.
- What to Wear: Please be sure to wear long pants, layers and closed-toe shoes. It can be cold, warm, sunny or rainy on the day of your tour, so wearing layers will allow you to adjust as needed. Rain jackets are provided for you if necessary. Sorry, but no video or GoPro cameras are allowed on the course.
For availability and timing, complete the information on the sidebar
- Adult Rate: $179.00
- Child Rate: $129.00 (under 12) + 6.5% sales tax
You've got questions, we've got answers
Ketchikan Shore Tours
Q:How many ziplines are included on this tour?
This tour consists of 8 ziplines and 1 Skybridge that connects 2 of the platforms.
Q:What if our ship is delayed or doesn't make it into port? Refund?
It's very rare that a ship is delayed into port, but in those cases we will try our best to work with you to reschedule the tour to a later time. If that is not a possibility or your ship doesn't make it into port, we will of course refund the full cost of the tour.
Q:What makes this zipline tour different from any other in Alaska?
It's true that you'll find several ziplining options along the cruise route, and this one can be distinguished mainly by its location. Nestled in a private reserve next to Tongass National Forest, wildlife sightings are much more common on this ziplining excursion than any other in Alaska.
Q:Is ziplining safe?
Safety is fundamental to this tour, and the course is inspected weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually. Dual ziplines means you are connected to 2 cables while ziplining, and you are connected at 4 points at all times throughout the course, even between stations. For each group of zipliners, you will have 2 certified guides that are versed in First Aid/CPR and AED certification.
Q:What should I bring? Are cameras okay?
Video style cameras and GoPros are not allowed on the course. Cameras are welcomed upon approval from the guide and will be attached by a guide. Please note that cameras are brought on your own risk and cannot be retrieved if dropped from the platforms or ziplines.
You are here: