What to expect and what not to expect with this Ketchikan shore excursion
Round-trip transportation is provided, and you'll start the journey with a pick-up right near the cruise docks in downtown Ketchikan. Venture out towards Herring Cove and arrive at the ziplining base camp surrounded by the Tongass National Forest. Part of the fun will be loading up in the customized off-road Unimog vehicle, a monstrous utility vehicle utilized for navigating up the steep mountain terrain to a higher elevation where the zipline platforms are. You'll get geared up and ready to go, and by the time you arrive to the first ziplining station, there's not much left to do but take your first of 8 leaps of faith as the platform below gives way to a dense Alaskan rainforest.
- 8 zip stations
- A family-friendly ziplining excursion
- Off-road Unimog transport up the mountain
- All gear, equipment and transportation provided for you
- Wildlife sightings are common on this tour!
If you're looking for a more adventurous ziplining excursion, then you may want to explore:
The end of each zipline marks the beginning of the next: all in all there will be 8 lines of different lengths and heights, each with surrounding views from high above while friends and family conquer their fears. Sitka spruce, western hemock and native cedars populate the forest and lend their fresh fragrances to the crisp Alaskan air up high. A suspended Skybridge connects 2 of the platforms: traverse together while a waterfall cascades below. Get ready for a special challenge at the end, as you'll rappel down from the last ziplining station back to Earth. Carry your smile all the way back to the cruise docks as the return transportation is provided for you.
Looking for fun for the whole family? Why not take a look at the Gold Panning & Salmon Bake in Juneau & the Sled Dog Adventure & Musher's Camp in Skagway!
Minimum Ages, Cancellations, Accessibility, Etc.
KETCHIKAN TOUR DETAILS:
- Restrictions: Guests must weigh between 70 - 250 lbs. and have a minimum height of 50 inches. This tour is for those who have previous ziplining experience or those looking for new adventure.
- Accessibility: You should be comfortable with heights, a short easy walk on a maintained trail and ascending/descending some stairs. This tour is not suitable for people who are pregnant or have certain medical conditions such as neck or back injuries.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event your cruise ship is late, delayed, or doesn't make it into port we always issue a full refund for the tour. Changes or cancellations are allowed up to 14 days prior to the tour departure with absolutely no penalty. Including 'Flex Cancel' allows cancellations and refunds up to 24-hours before the tour. Any cancellations made within 14 days of the tour departure (or within 24-hours with Flex Cancel) are nonrefundable.
- What to Wear: Please be sure to wear long pants, layers and closed-toe shoes. It can be cold, warm, sunny or rainy on the day of your tour, so wearing layers will allow you to adjust as needed. Rain jackets are provided for you if necessary. Sorry, but no video or GoPro cameras are allowed on the course.