What to expect and what not to expect with this Ketchikan shore excursion
Transportation is indeed included on this one, with a convenient meeting location close to the cruise docks in downtown Ketchikan. A short transfer takes you away from the hustle and bustle of downtown and to the launching point for this tour. Don't worry about what to wear - you will be provided with all the gear, clothing and equipment you need from head to toe to ensure you stay warm and dry while out on the water. Launching off, the adventure begins as your pod of 4 zodiac points cruise out together to begin the day's exploration.
- Drive your own Zodiac boat
- Great wildlife opportunities, both land and marine
- #2 Ketchikan Tour on Tripadvisor
- 2.5 hours duration from dock-to-dock
- Limited seats, need to book early
The guide will lead the way and make several stopping points along the way to talk about the ecology and history of this area, which is rich in both. Explore uninhabited islands, and cruise up and down the lush coasts with eagles overhead. Keep an eye out for harbor seals and even whales which frequent these waters. Seeing Alaska from these equipped 4-passenger zodiac boats is truly a unique way to experience the landscape. This is one of our favorites that can't be found anywhere else along the cruise route. We're hard-pressed to call this a 'tour' because each experience is a unique adventure. If you're looking for an unscripted, off-the-beaten path adventure in Ketchikan, this one is for you!
Minimum Ages, Cancellations, Accessibility, Etc.
KETCHIKAN TOUR DETAILS:
- Restrictions: Minimum age of 4 and maximum age of 75. Not recommended for anyone with neck and/or back injuries or expectant mothers. Groups of 2 will be paired with other groups of 2, and groups of 4 will get their own boat.
- Accessibility: This tour is not suitable for anyone that walks with assistance or for wheelchairs. This tour is not recommended for those with poor physical condition or those who are intolerant or unwilling to get wet or cold.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event your cruise ship is late, delayed, or doesn't make it into port we always issue a full refund for the tour. Changes or cancellations are allowed up to 14 days prior to the tour departure with absolutely no penalty. Including 'Flex Cancel' allows cancellations and refunds up to 24-hours before the tour. Any cancellations made within 14 days of the tour departure (or within 24-hours with Flex Cancel) are nonrefundable.
- What to Wear: Remember that Ketchikan lies inside of a temperate rainforest so you can expect rain showers on most days. High-quality rainproof gear will be provided from head to toe as well as hats, gloves, boots and dry bags for electronics. You'll get everything you need for this one!
For availability and timing, complete the information on the sidebar
- Passenger Rate: $169.00 + 6.5% sales tax
You've got questions, we've got answers
Ketchikan Shore Tours
Q:Will we make it back to the ship in time? What if we don't?
We've never left anyone behind and only schedule tours that work well with your cruise ship's itinerary. We leave plenty of cushion so you can confidently book your trips independently.
Q:What if our ship is delayed or doesn't make it into port? Refund?
It's very rare that a ship is delayed into port, but in those cases, we will try our best to work with you to reschedule the tour to a later time. If that is not a possibility or your ship doesn't make it into port, we will of course refund the full cost of the tour.
Q:What should we wear and bring?
This tour operates rain or shine, and rain is common as we lie in a temperate rainforest! Because you'll be out in the element on this tour, lots of gear is provided to keep you warm and dry. Full rain suits, hats, gloves, boots and dry bags will all be provided at the start of the tour. Feel free to leave anything extra behind for safekeeping during the tour, and come back to it later.
Q:Do we need previous experience to drive the boats?
Nope! The zodiac boats are very easy to operate, and you'll receive a full orientation before disembarking. Feel free to trade off drivers at various intervals along the way, so one person can have fun navigating while the others enjoy the scenery.
Q:When should I book this tour?
Because of its positive ranking on TripAdvisor and limited availability, this tour fills up quickly! We recommended booking early to ensure your spaces, as you can always cancel up until one week away for a full refund.
You are here: