What to expect and what not to expect with this Ketchikan shore excursion
Transportation is indeed included on this one, with a convenient meeting location close to the cruise docks in downtown Ketchikan. A short transfer takes you away from the hustle and bustle of downtown and to the launching point for this tour. Don't worry about what to wear - you will be provided with all the gear, clothing and equipment you need from head to toe to ensure you stay warm and dry while out on the water. Launching off, the adventure begins as your pod of 4 zodiac points cruise out together to begin the day's exploration.
- Drive your own Zodiac boat
- Great wildlife opportunities, both land and marine
- All gear provided
- 2.5 hours duration from dock-to-dock
- Limited seats, need to book early
The guide will lead the way and make several stopping points along the way to talk about the ecology and history of this area, which is rich in both. Explore uninhabited islands, and cruise up and down the lush coasts with eagles overhead. Keep an eye out for harbor seals and even whales which frequent these waters. Seeing Alaska from these equipped 4-passenger zodiac boats is truly a unique way to experience the landscape. This is one of our favorites that can't be found anywhere else along the cruise route. We're hard-pressed to call this a 'tour' because each experience is a unique adventure. If you're looking for an unscripted, off-the-beaten path adventure in Ketchikan, this one is for you!
This thrilling excursion is just the start of the excitement! Check out our Icefield Helicopter Excursion in Juneau & the Glacier Point ATV Exploration in Skagway as great complimentary tours!
Minimum Ages, Cancellations, Accessibility, Etc.
KETCHIKAN TOUR DETAILS:
- Restrictions: Minimum age of 4 and maximum age of 75. Not recommended for anyone with neck and/or back injuries or expectant mothers. Groups of 2 will be paired with other groups of 2, and groups of 4 will get their own boat. Guests must be 25 or older to drive the watercraft.
- Accessibility: This tour is not suitable for anyone that walks with assistance or for wheelchairs. This tour is not recommended for those with poor physical condition or those who are intolerant or unwilling to get wet or cold.
- Cancellation Policy:
In the event your cruise ship is late, delayed, or doesn't make it into port we will issue a refund. Changes or cancellations are allowed up to 14 days prior to the tour departure. Any cancellations made within 14 days of the tour departure are non-refundable.
- What to Wear: Remember that Ketchikan lies inside of a temperate rainforest so you can expect rain showers on most days. High-quality rainproof gear will be provided from head to toe as well as hats, gloves, boots and dry bags for electronics. You'll get everything you need for this one!